Appointment of Letšeng Diamonds’ CEOBack
Gem Diamonds Limited (LSE: GEMD) notes the appointment by Letšeng Diamonds of Mr Kelebone Leisanyane as Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Mr Leisanyane, an experienced businessman, will join Letšeng on 12 February 2018.
Following a period of handover, acting CEO, Jeff Leaver will remain with Letšeng in an advisory capacity.
Letšeng Diamonds is the owner and operator of the Letšeng Diamond Mine. Gem Diamonds is a 70% shareholder while the Government of Lesotho holds the remaining 30%.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Gem Diamonds Limited
Susan Wallace, Company Secretarial department
Mark Antelme / Jimmy Lea
Tel: +44 (0) 207 520 9261
ABOUT GEM DIAMONDS:
Gem Diamonds is a leading global diamond producer of high value diamonds. The Company owns 70% of the Letšeng mine in Lesotho and 100% of the Ghaghoo mine in Botswana. The Letšeng mine is famous for the production of large, top colour, exceptional white diamonds, making it the highest dollar per carat kimberlite diamond mine in the world. www.gemdiamonds.com