RESULT OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGBack
At the Company’s Annual General Meeting held at the Grosvenor Hotel, 101 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0SJ, on the 6 June 2017 at 09.30am, all resolutions were decided by poll.
All the resolutions were duly passed. The results of the poll incorporating proxy votes lodged in advance of the meeting are set out below:
|ORDINARY RESOLUTIONS||FOR||FOR |
(% of shares
(% of shares
|RESOLUTION 1 |
Reports and Accounts
|RESOLUTION 2 |
Directors’ Remuneration Policy
|RESOLUTION 3 |
Annual Report on Directors’ Remuneration
|RESOLUTION 4 |
Re-appointment of Auditors
|RESOLUTION 5 |
Remuneration of Auditors
|RESOLUTION 6 |
Re-election of Mr Mike Salamon as a Director
|RESOLUTION 7 |
Re-election of Mr Gavin Beevers as a Director
|RESOLUTION 8 |
Re-election of Mr Michael Lynch-Bell as a Director
|RESOLUTION 9 |
Re-election of Mr Clifford Elphick as a Director
|RESOLUTION 10 |
Re-election of Mr Michael Michael as a Director
|RESOLUTION 11 |
Re-election of Mr Glenn Turner as a Director
|RESOLUTION 12 |
Approval of ESOP
|RESOLUTION 13 |
Authority to allot shares
|RESOLUTION 14 |
Disapplication of pre-emption rights
|RESOLUTION 15 |
Purchase of own shares
- All resolutions were passed.
- Votes “For” and “Against” are expressed as a percentage of votes received.
- A “Vote withheld” is not a vote in law and is not counted in the calculation of the % of the shares voted “For” or “Against” a resolution.
- The total voting rights of the Company on 6 June 2017 is 138,506,326 Ordinary Shares of US$0.01 each. The Company holds no Ordinary Shares in Treasury.
- In accordance with LR 9.6.2, copies of the resolutions passed as special business will be submitted to the National Storage Mechanism website and will be available for inspection at www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM.
- These poll results will be available shortly on the Company’s website www.gemdiamonds.com
The Gem Diamonds Limited LEI number is 213800RC2PGGMZQG8L67.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Gem Diamonds Limited
Susan Wallace, Company Secretarial department
Tel: +44 (0) 203 043 0280
Joanna Boon / Mark Antelme
Tel: +44 (0) 207 520 9261
About Gem Diamonds:
Gem Diamonds is a leading global diamond producer of high value diamonds. The Company owns 70% of the Letšeng mine in Lesotho and 100% of the Ghaghoo mine in Botswana. The Letšeng mine is famous for the production of large, top colour, exceptional white diamonds, making it the highest dollar per carat kimberlite diamond mine in the world. Since Gem Diamonds’ acquisition of Letšeng in 2006, the mine has produced four of the 20 largest white gem quality diamonds ever recorded. The Ghaghoo mine in Botswana has been placed on care and maintenance until market conditions allow for recommencement of production.