Notification of Half Year ResultsBack
Gem Diamonds Limited (LSE: GEMD) will be reporting its Half Year Results for the six months ending 30 June 2014 at 07:00 GMT on Wednesday 20 August 2014.
The Company will be hosting an audio presentation on its half year results on 20 August 2014, at 9:30 am BST. A live audio webcast of this presentation will be available on the Company's website: http://cms.overend.co.za.dedi262.jnb2.host-h.net/admin/index.php
For further information:
Gem Diamonds Limited
Sherryn Tedder, Investor Relations
Tel: +27 (0) 11 560 9600
Mob: +27 (0) 83 943 4505
Charles Vivian / James MacFarlane
Tel: +44 (0) 207 861 3800
About Gem Diamonds:
Gem Diamonds is a leading producer of high value diamonds. The Company owns 70% of the Letšeng mine in Lesotho, in partnership with the Government of Lesotho which owns the remaining 30%; and 100% of the Ghaghoo mine, currently in development in Botswana. The Letšeng mine is famous for the production of large, top colour, exceptional white diamonds, making it the highest dollar per carat kimberlite diamond mine in the world. Since Gem Diamonds' acquisition of Letšeng in 2006, the mine has produced four of the top twenty largest white gem quality diamonds recorded.
Gem Diamonds has a growth strategy based on the expansion of the Letšeng mine and the development of the Ghaghoo mine, while maintaining its strong balance sheet. The Company seeks to maximise revenue and margin from its rough diamond production by pursuing cutting, polishing and sales and marketing initiatives further along the diamond value chain. With favourable supply/demand dynamics expected to benefit the diamond industry over the medium to long term, particularly at the high end of the market, this strategy positions the Company well to generate attractive returns for shareholders in the coming years.